Our Counseling Program is designed to help students, teachers, parents, and other support staff create a nurturing and positive learning environment and to provide help during times of social, emotional, behavioral, or intellectual troubles. The Counseling Program includes classroom activities, individual counseling, group counseling, parent support and consultation, crisis intervention, and referrals to specialists in the school district and the community.The teaching tools used in counseling lessons are geared to the grade level of the students involved and include:
Special Programs are available to Crescent Harbor Elementary Students.
- Why Try -- Provides simple, hands-on solutions for dropout prevention, violence prevention, truancy reduction and increased academic success.
- The Incredible Flexible You -- Is a developmental, Social Thinking and social emotional learning curriculum.
- The Zones of Regulation -- Is geared toward helping students gain skills in consciously regulating their actions.
- You are a Social Detective! -- Develops societal skills.
- Superflex: A Superhero Social Thinking Curriculum Package -- Develops social awareness and self-regulating behaviors.