Online New Student Enrollment
Where We're Learning for Life
We're glad you're making our beautiful waterside community your home. We take great pride in the quality of our school and the educational opportunities we offer. All of our teachers and staff are dedicated to partnering closely with families to ensure your child has a rewarding and positive learning experience.Enrolling Your ChildOak Harbor High School uses an online process to enroll new students. Prior to beginning the online application process, families are encouraged to have the required documents available to upload into the application. The application can be saved throughout the process, but completing the application in one sitting expedites your request. Once submitted online, the completed application is available for school approval. Submitted applications cannot be approved until all required documents are received by the school.
New Student Online Enrollment
If you already have a child enrolled in the district, please use the link inside Family Access to enroll another child.
Families new to Oak Harbor should create an account FIRST.
Requested Documents for Enrollment
The documents listed below should be uploaded during the enrollment process or taken into the school office. Please contact the Registrar, Mrs. Dahl, if you have any questions.
- Birth Certificate or Passport (Required)
- Residence Verification – Purchase Papers/Property Tax Statement/Lease Agreement/Energy Bill – Gas, Water or Electric (Required)
- Medically Verified Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS)(Required)
- Court Documents/Custody Arrangements/Parenting Plan/Adoption Decree/Restraining Order (Optional)
- Education Forms - 504 Plan/IEP/Health Plan
- Unofficial Transcripts 10th - 12th grade
Definitions of Requested Documents
Oak Harbor Public Schools only enrolls students who reside within school district boundaries unless a Choice Transfer form has been accepted by the district prior to enrollment.
Students should live within the attendance boundary of a school in order to enroll. To verify which school your student should attend based on your home address, please visit our attendance boundary website. If you have any questions, please contact our District Office main line at 360.279.5000. If a student in the District wants to attend a school outside of their neighborhood attendance boundary, a request for an in-district transfer must be submitted for consideration each year during the "Open Enrollment" period. Space must be available at the receiving school.
The State of Washington REQUIRES a completed CERTIFICATE OF IMMUNIZATION (CIS) that is medically verified or Certificate of Exemption on file prior to your child beginning school per WAC-246-105-030.
Here are some examples of medically verified immunization records with links for your convenience:
- A completed Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) signed by a health care provider. Find the CIS form by visiting https://www.doh.wa.gov/SCCI and clicking on “Certificate of Immunization Status.”
- A CIS filled out by you or another parent/guardian with medical records attached.
- A CIS printed by a health care provider or school from the Washington State Immunization Information System.
- A CIS printed from MyIR which is a free Department of Health online tool that allows families to view and print their official immunization records themselves. Go to https://wa.myir.net/register to begin the sign-up process.
If you are requesting an exemption from one or more of the immunization requirements, you must provide the school a completed Certificate of Exemption.
Transcript or Academic History
Students transferring from another school should have their academic records to upload. The application will also ask if the student has been in any special programs in their previous school.
Google has discontinued the availability of Google Translate Toolkit, which had enabled families to translate the New Student Enrollment process into other languages. Families can still use built-in or add-on translation features of their preferred browser to translate the New Student Enrollment application into other languages.
2020-2021 Course Guide
Out-of-District Choice Transfer Portal
The Choice Transfer Request Portal (CTRP) is used by many school districts in Washington State to process Choice Transfer requests. A Choice Transfer request is made when a student wants to attend a school outside of the school district where the student lives. For a Choice Transfer, the resident district must first release the student to start the transfer process. When you have completed your transfer application, your request will be sent to the resident school district.On The Move?