On Wednesdays this year, you will have school, but it will be asynchronous.
Asynchronous refers to a school day without live online learning. You will still be meeting with your Advisory Teachers from 9:50 am-10:20 am. This will be the only live meeting on Wednesdays. What you do need to get done, however, is the work that is posted on each teacher’s Google Classroom page. That is how you will both be counted for attendance, and do the assignments that will earn you that grade that you work so hard for. So make sure that you are getting on to the Classroom page, complete, and submit those tasks on Wednesdays.
If your student has been absent, a note must be turned in to excuse the absence within 48 hours of his/her return to school. We also accept emailed attendance notes from the parent’s email address shown on your profile in Skyward Family Access.
Excuse notes must include:
- Student's full name
- The date/s and reason for the absence/s
- A parent/guardian signature and the current date
Excused absence may consist of:
- Absences relating to parent/guardian deployment
- Participation in school-approved activity
- Absence due to illness, health condition, or family emergency
- Absence resulting from disciplinary actions or short-term suspension
- Extended illness or health condition
- Absence for chronic health condition
- Absence related to post-high school planning, such as a college campus visit
Homework during an absence
You may request homework for your student via Family Access. If you do not know your Family Access log in or password please contact Sheryl DeMarsh, Registrar, at 360.279.5711. Homework may be requested formally after your child has been absent for three consecutive days. When requesting homework, call the main office 360.279.5800 and indicate that your student has been out for three days and you would like to request homework.
Most teachers post work on their websites. Missing assignments are also posted in the grade book section of Skyward Family Access.