Degrees and Certifications:
B.M.Ed (Bachelor of Music Education) Central Washington University M.M.Ed (Master of Music Education) University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee Smithsonian Folkways Certificate in World Music Pedagogy World Music Drumming- Lv. 1 Certification Office Hours Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
Mrs. Holly Brown
I believe that…
- all students should receive music education.
- all students have the right to receive music education from a highly qualified teacher, who is trained in both education and in music.
- all students can be successful in music and can participate in music-making to the best of their abilities.
- the music classroom should be a safe and inviting place, where all children feel welcome. Participation will be encouraged and mistakes are seen as learning opportunities.
- music instruction should provide numerous opportunities for students to fully immerse themselves in music-making, listening, and creating.
- music from classical to popular to multicultural and everything in between can be valuable and meaningful in the music classroom. Every type of music across the broad spectrum provides the potential for authentic creativity.