Grades and Skyward Family Access
Grades Are Just One Tool for Measuring Progress
Student grades are one source of information for families about their child's learning. Like all evaluation tools, they should be considered within the broader scope of a child's overall progress. In that framework, grades can be:
- A tool to evaluate student schoolwork.
- A means of communicating about a student’s performance and the potential for further success.
- A source of motivation to students for continued learning and improvement.
- A means of organizing a lesson, a unit, or a semester in that grades mark transitions in a course and bring closure to it.
- A feedback mechanism to provide students with feedback on their own learning, clarifying for them what they understand, what they don’t understand, and where they can improve.
- Elementary school grades are issued every trimester
Skyward Family Access
Families can stay connected with their student's progress by utilizing Skyward Family Access, an online program that keeps parents up to date on student grades, attendance, test results and more. In addition, parents can see the contact numbers and emergency numbers on file for their children. To learn more about Family Access, visit your school's front office kiosk, attend a user information night for families, or find instructions using the links below.