Degrees and Certifications:
I have been happy to provide speech/language therapy at Broad View Elementary for over 10 years. Currently, I am working four days a week, with Wednesday being my day off. Before Oak Harbor, I worked in Mukilteo for five years. I attended the University of Washington for both my undergraduate and graduate degrees.
There are 6 main areas of speech/language services: articulation, expressive language, receptive language, voice, fluency, and hearing.
- Articulation is how you produce all the sounds (e.g., tongue and lip placement).
- Expressive language is how you verbally communicate. This includes vocabulary, grammar, and sentence length.
- Receptive language is how much you understand what is spoken to you. This also includes following directions and understanding questions.
- Voice pertains to your vocal quality (i.e., hoarse, nasality, loudness).
- Fluency is commonly referred to as stuttering.
- Hearing services are generally for students who have a permanent hearing loss (e.g., wear a hearing aid).
If you have questions about speech/language services for your child, please feel free to contact me.
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.