Welcome to Miss Gering's Page!
I am so excited to be at OHI this year with your students!
I am a literacy and social studies teacher here at OHI! I will be updating my page throughout the year with what we have been doing in class!
In my classroom, I think it is incredibly important to give students any tools that they may need to succeed. If there is anything I can do to help your student in class I am happy to work with you to figure out how to make that work. I believe that every student is capable of anything as long as they have someone willing to put in the work and guide them.
So far we have:
- learned how to read a map, map key, and a compass rose and we have made our own map!
- learned the continents and oceans
- learned the 50 states
- started learning about origin stories and Native American culture
- talked about Lewis and Clark and their expedition
So far we have:
- read a story about overcoming challenges
- read three different texts about Native American culture and the Lewis and Clark expedition
- written summaries
- talked about main ideas and key details in texts
- done independent reading
- practiced lots of notice and wonder charts
- had lots of group discussions
A Little Bit About Me!
My name is Rylee Gering and I am a second-year teacher! I just moved to Oak Harbor this summer after living in Bellingham and getting my degree at Western Washington University! I am SO excited to be teaching 5th-grade social studies and literacy this year! I have lived in Washington my whole life and love this area. I enjoy taking my dog out for walks and hiking as well as singing and doing fun craft projects.
How to Contact Me!
Email is the best way to contact me during the day and I am pretty good at emailing back quickly! Feel free to call me if needed though!