Superintendent Search General Information
The Oak Harbor Public Schools Board of Directors has initiated a search for the district's next Superintendent. The search process will run throughout the school year, with the goal of a new Superintendent starting on July 1, 2022.
Selecting a new Superintendent is one of the most important decisions a school board makes for a district. Finding and hiring the right chief executive for the leadership team is critical to the success of students and staff. The Board is looking for a leader to continue the many successes of our schools, support a diverse student population, and enhance a district with a rich history of providing more than basic education.
The board is committed to:
- Finding a Superintendent who will connect and partner with the community and help its schools and students be successful; and
- Providing an open, transparent, and collaborative process in hiring the new Superintendent.
Students, parents, staff, and the community in the Oak Harbor Public Schools district are invited to participate in this effort to find the next leader of our schools.
Here's how you can participate:
- Complete the online survey (closed)
- Attend one of the Virtual Focus Groups (Nov. 3 or 4)
- Apply to be an observer during the first round of interviews (Deadline Feb. 14 at 2 p.m.)
- Attend the finalist interviews