Remind: A Two-Way Communication Tool
Oak Harbor Public Schools has implemented a valuable two-way communication tool called Remind for parents and students in grades 7-12.
Remind allows teachers the option to use text messaging to communicate with parents and students.
- Parents may choose to receive messages – text, email, or app. Texting is available for students in grades 7 - 12.
- It allows for safe and secure messaging that is available in multiple languages.
- The district has the ability to monitor all messages sent from students, parents, and teachers.
As part of this rollout, official accounts will be created for all educators, parents, and students. This does not impact the district's mass communication tool, which will continue to serve as the district's preferred communication. The main difference is our teachers now have the ability to connect with their students in ways other than email.
What’s important for you to know:
- Before you use Remind, it’s very important that you check Skyward to ensure your primary number and primary email address are correct.
- If you have an existing Remind account, and the phone number and email address match with what’s in Skyward, then you will be asked to merge your existing account.
- If your child’s teacher(s) choose(s) to use Remind, you'll receive an email or text message from Remind.
If you would like to use Remind, follow the steps in the message to claim your account. You will be prompted to accept Remind’s terms and conditions as part of this step. If you'd like to view these in advance, they can be found on Remind’s website at https://www.remind.com/terms-of-service.
If you would like to opt-out from using Remind, step-by-step instructions are available here: https://help.remind.com/hc/en-us/articles/202540968-Opt-out-of-messages.
We're excited to make connecting with our families more engaging!