What is i-ready?
i-Ready allows your teacher(s) to meet your student exactly where they are and provides data to increase your student’s learning gains. i-Ready consists of two parts: Diagnostic and Personalized Instruction. The i-Ready Diagnostic is an adaptive assessment that adjusts its questions to suit your student’s needs. Each item a student sees is individualized based on their answer to the previous question. For example, a series of correct answers will result in slightly harder questions, while a series of incorrect answers will yield slightly easier questions. i-Ready Personalized Instruction provides students with lessons based on their individual skill level and needs, so your student can learn at a pace that is just right for them. These lessons are fun and interactive to keep your student engaged as they learn.
- New students to our program are highly encouraged to take the i-ready
- Taking the i-ready for entrance into our Core/Credit Math/English (grades 6-12) classes is required for placement into the correct class
- If a student receives 3 "N" unsatisfactory months of progress in their Math/Engilsh Core/Credit class, they will take the i-ready for correct placement into the next sequence of core/credit class
- If a student receives an "F" grade in their Core/Credit Math/English course, they must take the i-ready for placement into the correct Math/English course.
- If a student drops a core/credit class before finishing, they must take the i-ready for correct placement into the Math/English class