Child and Youth Program
The Child and Youth Military and Family Life Counseling Program (CYB-MFLC) provides a wide range of support to military children and youth, family members and staff who work with children by:
- Engaging in activities with children and youth.
- Providing behavioral interventions in classrooms, at camps and in Child Development Centers to assist staff in setting and managing boundaries.
- Modeling behavioral techniques and providing feedback to staff.
- Being available to parents and staff to discuss interactions with children and other concerns.
- Facilitating psycho-educational groups.
Issues addressed by the Child and Youth Military and Family Life Counseling Program:
- School adjustment
- Deployment and separation
- Reunion adjustment
- Sibling and parent-child communication
- Behavioral concerns
- Fear, grief and loss
Services are private and confidential with the exception of child abuse/neglect, domestic abuse and other duty-to-warn situations.