FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS
Oak Harbor does it better! Our Friday Night Lights event was #OHmazing! Check out the students’ smiles as they drove through cheering staff, emergency responders with flashing flights, tons of Wildcat decor and, of course, stadium lights. Keep shining, seniors! We love the Class of 2020!
Friday Night Lights: Drive-Thru Details
Get ready Oak Harbor! On Friday, May 15 at 7:20 p.m. - 8:20 a.m., in honor of the military time 2020, Oak Harbor High School will shine bright for its seniors. This is sure to be a festive event with the stadium and emergency vehicles lights on, staff celebrating, music, and a few other surprises. This is not our graduation, so please do not wear your cap and gown. However, we encourage you to decorate your car and dress in your Wildcat Spirit Gear. Friday Night Lights is a drive-thru event and is strictly for seniors and their families. Each vehicle must have a senior present. Due to the Governor’s orders, we ask that everyone remain in their vehicles throughout the event and to not park or congregate before, after, or during the evening.
Overview of Friday Night Lights
- Enter the campus in the southwest corner (nearest the main office on #1 Wildcat Way) and follow the signs to the back of the school.
- All other entrances to the high school will be blocked.
- Only one car per senior will be allowed entrance. Families are welcome to join their senior in the same vehicle.
- Follow the path shown on the map (see below). It will be decorated with flags, balloons, and signs. This path will take you behind campus through the bus loop, and exiting onto Heller.
- You are encouraged to decorate your car and wear your Wildcat Pride gear. Please do not wear your cap and gown. Save those for graduation.
- OHHS staff will line the path to root and cheer on the Class of 2020.
- There will be music, stadium lights, Police/Fire, and giveaways along the way
- Friday Night Lights will begin at 7:20 p.m. and promptly end at 8:20 p.m. (20:20 in military time)
- Please remain in your car, keep moving, and do not congregate after the event.