Online New Student Enrollment

  • Oak Harbor Public Schools uses an online process to enroll new students. Prior to beginning the online application process, families are encouraged to have the required documents available to upload into the application.  The application can be saved throughout the process, but completing the application in one sitting expedites your request. Once submitted online, the completed application are available for school approval. Submitted applications cannot be approved until all required documents are received by the school.

    Applications are only processed on days when schools are open. Please visit our Calendars page for specific dates when schools are closed. Applications submitted during the summer are processed when office staff returns to the schools in August. 

Requested Documents For Enrollment

  • Documents

    The documents listed below should be uploaded during the enrollment process or taken into the school office.  Please contact your school if you have any questions.  

    • Birth Certificate or Passport (Required)
    • Residence Verification – Purchase Papers/Property Tax Statement/Lease Agreement/Energy Bill – Gas, Water or Electric (Required)
    • Medically Verified Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) (Required)
    • Court Documents/Custody Arrangements/Parenting Plan/Adoption Decree/Restraining Order (Optional)
    • Education Forms - 504 Plan/IEP/Health Plan (Optional)
    • Prior School Records (Optional)


Definitions of Requested Documents

  • Residence Verification 
    Oak Harbor Public Schools only enrolls students who reside within school district boundaries unless a Choice Transfer form has been accepted by the district prior to enrollment.  

    Attendance Boundaries
    Students should live within the attendance boundary of a school in order to enroll. To verify which school your student should attend based on your home address, please visit our attendance boundary website.  If you have any questions, please contact our District Office main line at 360.279.5000. If a student in the District wants to attend a school outside of their neighborhood attendance boundary, a request for an in-district transfer must be submitted for consideration each year during the "Open Enrollment" period. Space must be available at the receiving school. 

    Immunization Requirements
    The State of Washington REQUIRES a completed CERTIFICATE OF IMMUNIZATION (CIS) that is medically verified or Certificate of Exemption on file prior to your child beginning school per WAC-246-105-030

    Here are some examples of medically verified immunization records with links for your convenience: 

    • A completed Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) signed by a health care provider. Find the CIS form by visiting and clicking on “Certificate of Immunization Status.”
    • A CIS filled out by you or another parent/guardian with medical records attached.
    • A CIS printed by a health care provider or school from the Washington State Immunization Information System.
    • A CIS printed from MyIR which is a free Department of Health online tool that allows families to view and print their official immunization records themselves. Go to to begin the sign-up process.

    If you are requesting an exemption from one or more of the immunization requirements, you must provide the school a completed Certificate of Exemption. 

    Transcript or Academic History
    Students transferring from another school should have their academic records to upload. The application will also ask if the student has been in any special programs in their previous school. 

    Google has discontinued the availability of the Google Translate Toolkit, which had enabled families to translate the New Student Enrollment process into other languages.  Families can still use built-in or add-on translation features of their preferred browser to translate the New Student Enrollment application into other languages.