Degrees and Certifications:
Broad View Elementary Music Teacher
Mrs. Holly Brown
Hello! My name is Holly Brown and I teach kindergarten through fourth-grade general music here at Broad View Elementary. I play the French horn and trumpet and enjoy singing and making music. Music has always played a huge part in my life and I am thrilled to teach and make music with the students at Broad View every day! My bachelor’s degree in Music Education is from Central Washington University in Ellensburg, Washington. I am currently finishing up my master’s degree in Music Education (with an emphasis on incorporating children’s literature into the music classroom) from The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
Music at Broad View is fun and full of activities for every student at every grade! Students will have a variety of performance opportunities. They will play lots of instruments, participate in movement activities, sing a lot and play musical games. Students will learn about reading and writing music notation and will compose their own music. Students will also learn about composers and music history.
I believe that…
- all students should receive music education.
- all students have the right to receive music education from a highly-qualified teacher, who is trained in both education and in music.
- all students can be successful in music and can participate in music-making to the best of their abilities.
- the music classroom should be a safe and inviting place, where all children feel welcome. Participation will be encouraged and mistakes are seen as learning opportunities.
- music instruction should provide numerous opportunities for students to fully immerse in music-making, listening and creating.
- music from classical to popular to multicultural and everything in between can be valuable and meaningful in the music classroom. Every type of music across the broad spectrum provides the potential for authentic creativity.
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.