Senior Ads have been a tradition at Oak Harbor High School for many years. Families have the opportunity to purchase space dedicated to their student on a page near the back of the yearbook. It’s a way of making the yearbook personal to each senior. The ads provide a wonderful opportunity for families to congratulate seniors, while reliving cherished moments through childhood photos and memories.
Frequently asked Questions
What are the deadlines?
- Payment received by February 12, 2021.
- Ad submitted by February 19, 2021
How do I get started?
- Go to our OHHS Yearbook store on Balfour.com: https://www.balfour.com/washington/oak-harbor/oak-harbor-high-school
- Find "Yearbook Products & Ads" and click on "Order now."
- Enter the school, grade and name of your senior.
- Click "Shop for student."
- Pick the size of ad you want to purchase.
- Add the ad to your cart.
- Pay for the ad.
- You will receive an email within 24 hours that gives you access to design the ad.
- In the meantime you can get all your photos ready and write the message for your senior.
- When you get the access to your ad, you can design it in a few easy steps – you can save the layout and come back to it anytime, but the ad needs to be submitted by February 12):
- Pick a template.
- Upload the photos you want to use in the ad.
- Write the text you want to use in the ad (use your student's first and last name as the headline).
- Adjust and finalize the layout.
- Submit the ad to the yearbook staff.
How does the AdBuilder software work?
Use this website to learn how to use AdBuilder: https://www.balfour.com/HelpCenter/FAQ/Yearbook%20Ads
How do I pay for my ad?
You pay for the ad on our store on Balfour.com – use the instructions above.
Which sizes are available?
We offer these sizes:
- 1/2 page, approx. 8 x 5 in.: $ 100
- 1/4 page, approx. 4 x 5 in.: $ 50
- 1/8 page, approx. 4 x 2.5 in.: $ 25
How much text can I write?
It's up to you how many words you use. Just don't make the font size too small to read. Advice: Keep the body text size between 9 and 14 pts. For the headline, use size 20 or 24 pt.
How many photos can I use?
It's up to you how many photos you use. Just don't make the images too small to recognize your student.
Senior Superlative voting is here! Best dressed, most ambitious, worst driver and more! Use this link to cast your vote by January 29, 2021: https://forms.gle/djPSom78BryZZ9Ta7 --> We do not accept any more votes at this time.
Senior Portraits are due by December 4, 2020
* Deadline extended to January 4, 2021 *
Each yearbook has a section that features students of all grades with a portrait. Seniors have the option to submit a portrait that is not taken by the school photographer. This is not mandatory. If you would like to submit a portrait of your senior to use in the yearbook in-lieu-of the school portrait, it needs to be submitted by the deadline.
All OHHS Senior students received an email on 10/27/20 and again on 11/18/20 and 12/1/20 and 12/15/20 that prompted them to upload their Senior Portrait through a personalized link. The email was sent by our yearbook publisher Balfour and may have ended up in the smap or junk folder. Please check there also. Please don't email Senior portraits to the yearbook staff this year.
Please keep in mind that the portrait will be printed about 1 ½ x 2 inches big. We recommend that you submit a photograph that shows you from the waist up and is portrait-oriented (i.e. vertical). Clothing needs to adhere to Oak Harbor High School’s dress code. No 'selfies', no sunglasses, no props, hand gestures, or goofy pictures, please. Photos need to be of the student only, easily identifiable, and well exposed (not too light or too dark). Senior portraits that do not meet these standards will not be accepted by the yearbook committee. The photo does not need to be taken by a professional photographer, a photo from a quality camera is accepted.
If you have any questions, please e-mail us at email@example.com or call the Yearbook Adviser Mrs. Jansen at 360.279.5811.
Senior Baby Photos
Senior Baby Photos are due by December 4, 2020 --> We do not accept any more submissions at this time.
We reserve a section of the yearbook to display darling baby photos of seniors. A baby photo should show them at the age of two or younger. Please don't include other people, so it's easy to identify the senior student in the photo.
If you would like to have your baby photo displayed in the yearbook, please submit it using this link: https://forms.gle/tXGT7cFur7qCqYT7A
If you do not have an electronic copy of the photo, you can do one of these two things:
- You can scan or photograph your paper copy. Please follow these guidelines: Please make sure you have a lot of lights on so the quality of the photo turns out well. Place the photo on a flat surface. Make sure there's no visible reflections in the photo.
- You can mail your paper copy to the high school or place it in the dropbox outside the gates by the Front Office and we can scan it for you. Please place the photo in an envelope to protect it and address it to OHHS Yearbook. Please include a stamped return envelope with your name and address so we can mail it back to you. Make sure to include the student name (so we can identify the student) and a phone number in case we need to contact you.
Photos of Senior Rides
Photos of Senior Rides are due by December 4, 2020 --> We do not accept any more submissions at this time.
Do you want everyone to remember how cool your car was in high school, or maybe you just want proof that you had a set of wheels as a Senior? Share a photo of your ride with us! Please submit is using this link: https://forms.gle/Sw6f8uqawH19ByPJA
The yearbook staff will review all photos & determine final yearbook content. We cannot guarantee that all submissions can be used in the book.