Arrival & Dismissal
Arrival, Dismissal and Pick-up
- Supervision will be provided at all campus entry points. Each grade level has a designated colored pathways for arrival and dismissal. Students will use designated pathways in order to mitigate mixing of cohorts.
Arrival to School
Time to Arrive:
- Supervision will be available starting at 9:00 am if student will NOT be eating breakfast at school follow the grade color lines and go straight to your classroom. Please do not send your child to school or drop them off before 9:00 am. Students will wash hands/sanitize upon entering the classroom in the morning.
- 9:00 am if student WILL be eating breakfast at school there will be tables set up near the drop off locations for pick up on the way to their classrooms.
Method of Travel:
- Walking to school (Due to health and safety requirements, parents may not accompany their child to the classroom.)
* Use sidewalk from Navy housing area
* Use crosswalk with crossing guards at the north end of campus for crossing Regatta Drive.- Parent drop-off by car – use drive-through lane at the intersection of Regatta and 5th street. The back gate will open at 9:00 am to ensure the safety of our students and staff. When exiting campus on Regatta, please turn right to ease congestion. In order to maintain the safety of our students, please move forward to the red "Student Waiting" area. Pullover to the right to drop off your student(s). After your child exits the car, please exit on the left of the drop-off area to make room for the next family.
- Riding a bicycle or scooter to school – use bike racks and a lock for security. Olympic View Elementary assumes no liability for bicycles or scooters that are damaged or stolen while on school property.
- Riding a bus – buses will unload in front of the school. Students will be sent to grab a breakfast bag on way to class.
Dismissal and Pick-up
- 3:25 pm on Mondays - Fridays; Gates will be open at 3:05 at the back of campus for Drive up.
Method of Travel:
- Students Walking Home
* Please wait for your child near their designated arrival and dismissal area at the front of campus.
* Students will be dismissed from their classroom and walk their designated grade level colored lines to their appropriate dismissal area.
* Students are to use the sidewalk to go to Navy housing.
* Students are to use the crosswalk on the north end of campus for crossing Regatta Drive.
- Students Riding Bus
* Students are to go directly to the bus loading zone when dismissed.
* Staff will supervise students until buses are loaded.
- Parent pick-up by car (Students are supervised by staff from 3:25 pm - 3:35 pm). All families will be given a name tag to place in their car for drive-up dismissal. When you enter campus at the corner of 5th and Regatta, a staff member will be waiting to read the name on your name tag to radio the information to the back of campus.
* Option 1 – Drive-Through Lane
- Students will be waiting in socially distanced lines at the back of campus and when their name is read, students will be able to move to the front of the line.
- A staff member will escort students to your car.
- DO NOT get out of your car.
- FOLLOW directions from crosswalk attendant.
- DO NOT block exit from campus to Regatta Drive.
- Arrive no later than 3:35 pm.* Option 2 – Parking Lot
- Park in any vacant parking space.
- Walk to crosswalk to meet your student.
- Crosswalk attendant will direct student to you.
- DO NOT double park or block other vehicles.
* REMEMBER – Students are supervised until 3:35 pm. Our parking lot is much less crowded after 3:25 pm. Students not picked up by 3:35 pm must be checked out from the office.
Change in Method of Travel Home:
- Send a note or call the office prior to 2:00 pm if your student needs to go home in a different way or will be picked up by a different person.
- Without notification by a parent, all students will be sent home via their usual way.
Arrival and Dismissal Expectations
GOAL: Students will arrive and depart in a safe and orderly manner.
- For the safety of all, students are not to be on campus before 9:00 am.
- No one is allowed to play on the front grass area or on the rocks and other landscaping.
- Upon arriving on campus, students will go directly to their classrooms.
- Students arriving at school after 9:20 am will be marked tardy.
- Scooters, roller blades, skate boards, or skate shoes cannot be used on campus. Items must be hand-carried upon arrival on school grounds. Students will receive one warning if they use these items on campus. Upon the second infraction of this rule, the item will be held for parent-only pick-up.
-Breakfast will be available for pick up at the front and back of the school depending on how the student arrives. They will be directed to grab a bag and take it with them to their classroom. Students must eat in their classrooms for the time being.
- Students will unload from buses in a safe and orderly manner. Students will walk with the staff supervisor either to the cafeteria for breakfast or to the line-up area.
- Bike riders will walk their bicycles when on campus, park and lock them in the designated bike areas.After 8:30 am - All Students
- Students will wait in the designated line up area out back. A place is designated for each classroom. They will use respectful LEVEL 2 VOICES and appropriate language.
- Students need to keep their bodies and personal belongings to themselves.
- All items brought from home, including show & tell type items, will be kept in their backpacks.
- Teachers will escort students to the classroom after the 8:55 am bell sounds.
After School - Bus Riders
- Students will go directly from class to the bus loading area. They will not wait around classrooms and/or visit with friends.
- Bus riders will wait calmly keeping their bodies and personal belongings to themselves.
- Bus riders will use LEVEL 2 VOICES.
- Students will refrain from taking or giving cuts in line.
After School - Walkers & Bike Riders
- Walkers will go directly home or to their parent-approved meeting destination.
- Bike riders will walk their bikes off campus.
After School - Parent Pick Up in Car Drive-Through Lane
- Students are supervised from 3:20-3:35 pm for parent pick-up in the drive through lane.
- Parents who drive into the car pick-up lane at the front of the school should remain in their vehicle. No vehicle should be left unattended in the drive through lane.
- Parents/visitors that wish to leave their cars must park in a designated place in the parking lot. There should be no double parking in the parking lot.
- Students will not be allowed to walk unattended into the parking lot.