HomeworkResearch has provided new data on homework. As such here are our homework expectations:Unstructured play ... preferably outdoors.
- Read stories.
- Talk and listen.
- Plenty of sleep.
- Complete any work that was not completed during the course of the day.
- Have dinner together and ask about your children's day.
- Go to the beach or forest...The tide pools alone provide an exceptional learning experience.
It is my goal to provide your children with activities that will allow each to be satisfactory or proficient at the end of the school year. I assess for content knowledge at end of units. In math, students will be allowed to improve scores by choosing the opportunity to take the assessment again after further review.
A portfolio will be kept to hold examples of work at different points in time throughout the course of the year. If there is an area in which your children are having difficulty understanding a concept I will notify you so we may work together to strengthen understanding.Report Cards-Family AccessElementary school report cards are available at the end of each grading period and students are assessed in accordance with Oak Harbor Public Schools board policy. Parents can keep tabs on their children's progress and their problems by checking online in Family Access, a secure system that also allows you to check attendance and more. Account information is provided to each family by the school office at the start of the school year. Talk to your school office about Family Access or learn more here. | Family Access Log-InReport Cards are three times a year.
- Conferences are three times per year.
- Report cards are accessed through Family Access.
- Grades are based on assignments and tests given in class and grades earned by the student.