Free and Reduced Price Meals
As a part of the National School Lunch Program, some students may be eligible for a free or reduced-price lunch. It is important parents ensure their free and reduced-price lunch applications are filled out and returned to the school district as soon as possible.
All families wishing to receive free or reduced meals must complete a new application each school year. If you were receiving assistance last year it will continue for 30 days but without a new application, the benefits will stop. If the failure to submit an application occurs, families are responsible to pay for all meals. This includes submitting an application mid-year, all meals prior to the submission of the application will still be charged. The free and reduced program also includes only one meal at lunch and at breakfast. If a student goes back for a second meal, their account will be charged in full.
To expedite your application, please follow these prompts to fill out an electronic application. As a reminder, you only need to fill out one application for all of the members of your family.
- Visit Skyward Family Access. Enter your login and password the school has provided. If you need your account information, please call your school.
- Select Food Service on the left side of the screen
- Choose a Child
- Select the Applications Tab
- Click Add Application
- Follow the instructions on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Instructions are listed at the top of each page. Click the Next button at the top of each page to be sure you are completing all required steps.
Please be aware that it can take up to 10 days to process an application so make arrangements in the meantime to provide money for meals. After your application has been processed, you will receive a letter stating those benefits for which you are eligible. Applications are always available in the school office, administration building or online provided below.
To avoid delays in processing and interruption of meal service:
If you would like to fill out a hard copy and present it to the school, please see the following forms:Click here for meal application in other languages.Forward forms and questions to360.279.5015
- If you live in military privatized housing, don't include BAH allowance in your income
- Fill out only one application per household
- If your income changes at any time in the year you can resubmit a new application
- Write children's names in Part 1 AND 2 of income application.
- Be sure to include all family members on the application
- Write a DSHS Client ID Number or Case Number in Section 1
- Fill in Social Security Number and Adult Signature.
- For additional benefits, please complete Section 6.