Classroom Readiness & Behavior Expectations
The following are expected every day
- Come to class on time and prepared - assignments done, ready to correct and/or turn in.
- Come with an open mind, ready to learn. Give your best effort at all times.
- Behave so that everyone has a chance to learn and be successful, including you.
- Do all assignments, quizzes, and tests in pencil. There may be some assignments that may be done in pen, on a word processor, or some other medium. These will be clearly explained.
- Correct your work with a bright colored pen or pencil, like red, orange, or pink (not highlighter). Correcting helps to troubleshoot your own mistakes and misunderstandings -- and helps you identify what concepts you need to clarify during class time or with some tutoring.
- Work must be shown and legible. If I can't read it, it's wrong. Most of the time, answers only are not acceptable. Write down the original problem (or important information) and a sketch (if appropriate) and the work that leads to the answer.
- Always remember to include the following information on the upper right hand corner of your paper: YOUR NAME, the period, the date the assignment is given, and the assignment description.
- Cell phones (and/or any other personal electronic devices) should be "off" or silent and put away, not distracting you from other class activities, UNLESS specific permission has been granted.
- Follow all school rules (attendance, appropriate clothing, etc.). They will be enforced.
- Food/snacks are not allowed in class. Water (no juice, pop, etc.) will be allowed if it is in a closeable, water-tight container.
- No plagiarism. Plagiarism is a type of cheating and will result in a score of zero and detention or referral, depending upon the severity. (Definition of plagiarism: copying any part of any other author's work or another author's ideas without citing the original source - that includes copying someone else's homework assignment).
- Be kind to your teacher and to each other.