Nate Salisbury, Principal
Welcome to Oak Harbor High School!
We are always committed to working with our students and families to provide a quality education. We know that you will need a broad range of skills that are both foundational and specialized. Oak Harbor High School is here to provide those foundational skills to set you on a trajectory towards your future. The teachers, administrators, and support staff are here to offer you the opportunities to become your best self. The measure of success for each of you is different, and we want to assist you in moving forward towards your goals.
Oak Harbor High School can provide an education that will afford you the opportunity to attend the college of your choice, enter a highly sought-after vocational program, pursue a military career or apprenticeship, or jumpstart your chosen career path. With that said, you must be present and engaged in your classes. Daily attendance is essential and keeps you on a path towards success in your studies and developing healthy work habits for your future. Be here and be on time daily to make the best of a great opportunity.
Participate fully in your education, take advantage of the clubs and activities we provide, be kind to your classmates and staff members, and you will have a great year. Remember, the best way to have a positive impact on those around you is by serving others. Keep yourself on a forward path, striving to improve each day.
In closing, as the information regarding COVID-19 is continually changing, the educational plan will be updated as needed. We will post updates to this plan along with other useful information on the OHHS website; therefore you should check back frequently. School or class-specific changes to the plan will be communicated via Google Classrooms or by your counselor. While we still have challenges ahead, I am more proud and excited than ever to be a Wildcat.
Nate Salisbury, Principal
Oak Harbor High School
- BA, English Language Arts w/ supporting endorsement in History, The Washington State University, Pullman
- MA Ed. Curriculum and Instruction, City University, Renton, WA
- Principal Certification Program, The Washington State University, Vancouver, WA
- 25 Years in Education.
- High School English, Social Studies, Leadership, Advisor & Coach for 12 Years.
- High School Associate Principal for 4 years, 2 years were also as Middle/High School Athletic Director.
- Middle School Principal for 8 years.
- High School Principal for 1 year.
- Saben, Wife of 26 years.
- Ellie, Daughter, plays basketball at Northwest Nazarene University.
- Gabe, 8th Grade student in Oak Harbor Public Schools.
"Anything my family enjoys doing, I want to spend every spare minute with them"
These Include: Kayaking, Paddle Boarding, Crabbing, Fishing, Basketball, Football & Hiking.