Eligibility for homeless services
If any of the following circumstances are true of your current living conditions, you or your children may qualify for services.
- Sharing the housing of other persons due to loss of housing, economic hardship or similar reason?
- Living in a motel, hotel, trailer park, or camp-ground due to lack of alternative adequate accommodations?
- Living in an emergency or transitional shelter?
- Is your nighttime residence a public or private place not designed for or ordinarily used as a regular sleeping accommodation?
- Living in a car, park, public space, abandoned building, substandard housing, bus or train station?
The Families In Transition programThe Oak Harbor Schools Families In Transition program implements the McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Act. The McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Act of 1987 provides support for homeless children and youth to continue their education without interruption or barriers. If your family is homeless, or if you are in a temporary living situation due to economic circumstances, your preschool-aged and school-aged children have certain rights or protections under federal law.For more information contactStudent and Family Support Specialist/Foster Care Liaison360.279.5514Families in Transition Support Specialist360.279.5546