MISSION: A Caring Community Educating Every Student For Success
- Education is a vital process for life long learning and the right and responsibility of every young person.
- Students are active learners, deserving of education that is relevant and meaningful.
- Teachers, supported by parents, classified staff, and leadership, are dedicated professionals, guides, and innovators of learning.
- Schools are diverse learning communities providing a safe environment for students to grow and reach for their full potential.
- Parents are a child's first teacher, establishing values and attitudes toward learning, and participating with schools to achieve the best for their students.
- A community - a family of interested citizens - is a proud, active, supportive partner in providing education excellent.
- Supportive leadership at the board and district level is essential to achieve our mission.
Students - Oak Harbor School District produces well-rounded students, active learners, and critical thinkers who achieve their educational goals and apply learning for success as family members, workers, and citizens.
Personnel and Volunteers - Oak Harbor School District hires and supports qualified, dedicated, and enthusiastic professionals and welcomes caring, dependable volunteers to maximize student learning.
Curriculum Instruction and Assessment - Oak Harbor School District ensures excellence through applied articulated curricula, innovative and relevant instruction, and assessable learning experiences.
Programs and Services - Oak Harbor School District provides enriching, accessible co-curricular and extra-curricular programs and services that support the needs of students.
Facilities - Oak Harbor School District provides comprehensive facilities that are safe, flexible, and support a variety of educational and community programs.
Communication and Community Relationships - Oak Harbor School District is committed to a partnership of staff, students, parents, and community built on effective communication and collaboration around a common vision.
Governance - Oak Harbor School District balances shared decision making with strong visionary leadership.
STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT: Assure continuous improvement in student reading, writing, math and science, leading to on-time graduation.
COMMUNICATION: Establish and sustain trust through an effective two-way communication system supported by a staffed Communications Department.
FACILITIES: Maintain and build high quality facilities to support student learning and protect the public investments.
STAFF: Attract and retain a diverse staff that is highly qualified, talented and dedicated.